We operate two service centres, one in South Devon, and the other at Universal Marina on the river Hamble in Hampshire. From these locations, we can travel to work on boats all along the south coast, from Cornwall to West Sussex. We can carry out repairs, surveys, rig-checks and rig tuning, as well as undertaking full re-rigs.
However, you don’t have to moor your boat on the south coast to benefit from our rigging service! We can offer re-rigs to customers all over the UK. If you are able to remove the standing rigging from your yacht and send it to us, we can then make your new set to the lengths you have provided. We will return your new rigging back to you without any shipping costs (this applies to mainland UK only – other areas will incur a small charge) for you to re-fit, so you can get back to doing what yachts were designed for…to go sailing!!!
Not only are we able to offer advice on how to tune the rigging correctly, but we can help you to determine what diameter wire you have, what fittings you have on each end of the stay and how to mark the rigging screws correctly so we have accurate lengths. These simple few bits of information will mean we can give you accurate quotation before you send the rigging to us and that the turn around time can be kept to a minimum.
For an idea of the costs involved to replace your standing rigging, here are some examples of sets of rigging we have made for customers in the past 12 months (prices as of Jan. 2021). They are all full re-rigs from 1×19 wire with new rigging screws (please note all examples given are for supply only):
- Hunter Sonata (23′ single spreader, fractional rig) £454 inc VAT
- Westerly Centaur (26′ single spreader, masthead rig) £668 inc VAT
- Sigma 33 OOD (33′ single spreader, fractional rig) £1023 inc VAT
- Dufour 36cc (36′ double spreader, masthead rig) £1830 inc VAT
- Westerly Typhoon (37′ double spreader, fractional rig) £2170 inc VAT
- Bowman 40 (40′ double spreader, cutter rig with jumpers, masthead rig) £3870 inc VAT
- Moody 47 (47′ double spreader, masthead rig) £3950 inc VAT
Here are some examples of re-rigs carried out in Dyform:
- GK24 (24′ single spreader, fractional rig) £680 inc VAT.
- MG C27 (27′ single spreader, fractional rig) £975 inc VAT
- Dehler 39 (39′ triple spreader, fractional rig) £3190 inc VAT.
- Starlight 46 (46′ double spreader, masthead rig) £7108 inc VAT
As part of the Petersen Stainless Rigging group, an ISO 9001 registered company, we offer full traceability on all standing rigging we supply, giving you the peace of mind to enjoy sailing your yacht safely.
We know how important it is to have full confidence in your mast and rigging, so if you are thinking of re-rigging your yacht, why not give us a call today on 01803 843322 for a full quotation?